comma operator: keep away?

RAMontante bobmon at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
Mon Apr 24 07:16:20 AEST 1989

[ me ]
>Is there a circumstance in which the comma operator is required, where
>the compound statement cannot be broken into multiple statements?

wietse at wzv.UUCP (Wietse Z. Venema) <268 at wzv.UUCP> :
-
-"... in macros where a multistep computation has to be a single expression."
-					K&R second edition, page 63.

I see that now, and thank you everybody.  I find that when I originally
posed the question I was mentally excluding macros from consideration, a
curious lapse I admit.

(BTW:  I didn't mean to sound anti-comma.)