Color sensitivity? No, BUT....

Sho Kuwamoto sho at pur-phy
Fri Apr 28 08:09:44 AEST 1989

In article <1318 at frog.UUCP> john at frog.UUCP (John Woods) writes:
>One thing *I've* wanted is the ability include pictures in comments (for
>example, imagine feeding a MacWrite file to the Macintosh C compiler).
>The ability to include real drawings of box-and-pointer diagrams could
>immensely clarify some hairy pieces of code now and then.  Occaisionally
>I have stooped to ASCII graphics, but somehow they just don't work as well.

If I ever wanted to do something like that, I would rather write a
separate MacWrite document which explained the code, and put a
reference to it in my code.  Maybe it's a little less elegant, but I
don't like the idea of making the C compiler more complicated and
non-standard.  The C compiler should just read in a text file.
Different fonts and styles wouldn't be quite so bad, since you could
use a regular text file with a resource which contained a style run.
I suppose you could use the same kind of system to do pictures,
keeping only the text in the data fork, and putting the picture
information in resources, but even this seems kind of complicated.  I
don't know.  It just seems kludgy.

-Sho