DOS make (Was: MSC 5.1 make)

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.uucp
Sat Dec 16 22:34:19 AEST 1989

In article <1989Dec15.021527.18711 at sjuphil.uucp> ryan at sjuphil.uucp (Patrick M. Ryan) writes:

>     Is it just my imagination or is the version of Make which comes
>with MSC 5.1 a pitiful imitation of the real Unix Make?

You seem suprised that Microsoft would deliver software like that.  Don't
forget that this is the same company that gave you MS-DOS and now OS/2.

I find Turbo C's make much better in this regard but I get funny problems
with it from time to time.  How about those PD makes?  Can you point me to
a decent one?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy at druid)     |   Thank goodness we don't get all
D'Arcy Cain Consulting             |   the government we pay for.