TurboC 2.0 Prof vs uSoft C 5.1

Bob Stout Bob.Stout at p6.f506.n106.z1.fidonet.org
Sun Dec 10 22:21:28 AEST 1989

In an article of <9 Dec 89 04:34:39 GMT>, Scott_A_Dalrymple writes:

 >Pardon me for restarting a debate which has undoubtedly been fought
 >(probably to a draw) many times before.  Which is better, MicroSoft
 >C 5.1 and Codeview or TC 2.0 Professional and Turbo Debugger?

Since you already realize this is a religious issue, let's stick to known
quantities... Even most Microsoft fans recognize that TD is the state of the
art in compiler vendor debuggers. Which, of course, only means that the next
release of CodeView will probably be better. But for right now, I suggest that
your emphasis on debugging combined with the excellence of TD plus your
already having been proselytized into the Borland IDE religion through the use
of TP would argue strongly for your purchasing TC.

As for me, I prefer Zortech...