Tabs vs. Spaces

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Tue Jan 3 23:57:17 AEST 1989

In article <eaAZq#3sfeyE=eric at snark.UUCP>, eric at snark.UUCP (Eric S. Raymond) writes:
> In article <2584 at ficc.uu.net>, peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
> >                                    Indenting one tabstop is just a
> > convention and a sop to the fact that nobody has ever produced a popular
> > language-directed editor for 'C'.

> GONG! Ever heard of `electric-C-mode', Mr. da Silva? Your friendly local EMACS
> will have one.

I don't count a full-blown Emacs as a popular editor, seeing as how it won't
run on anything with less than a couple of meg of virtual memory all for
itself to keep it cozy at night. Remember, most of the UNIX systems in the
world are running on brain-damaged intel machines.

Most of the Emacses out there (including my freindly local Emacs) have a
sort of a 'C' mode. I hope you're not talking about that. It doesn't do
anything with the greatest of ease.
Work: uunet.uu.net!ficc!peter, peter at ficc.uu.net, +1 713 274 5180.   `-_-'
Home: bigtex!texbell!sugar!peter, peter at sugar.uu.net.                 'U`
Opinions may not represent the policies of FICC or the Xenix Support group.