portability

Wade Guthrie evil at arcturus.UUCP
Fri Jan 13 08:05:01 AEST 1989

In article <1354 at tank.uchicago.edu>, goer at sophist.uucp (Richard Goerwitz) writes:
> QUESTION:  What compiler for use under MS-DOS is the most
> portable?  . . .

I have had a lot of luck with Microsoft C (not Quick-C, for which I can
say nothing as I have not tried it).  It seems to be one of the richest
versions of the language I have seen and it makes small, fast code.  You
can certainly utilize its capabilities to write (expansive) code that
is portable.

Wade Guthrie
evil at arcturus.UUCP
Rockwell International
Anaheim, CA

(Rockwell doesn't necessarily believe / stand by what I'm saying; how could
they when *I* don't even know what I'm talking about???)