portability

Richard Goerwitz goer at sophist.uucp
Wed Jan 11 04:36:21 AEST 1989

Just recently, I decided that I needed a C compiler for my
PC.  My wife frequently uses it, and I'd like to write games
for my son.  I'd also like to do some stuff here before run-
ning it on the Sun I typically use on campus here at the
University of Chicago.

QUESTION:  What compiler for use under MS-DOS is the most
portable?  In other words, which will probably allow me to
do the most things with the biggest libraries, and yet still
offer me some degree of machine independence (i.e. let me
run things I write on my PC on the Sun at school with a
minimum of fuss).

Any ideas?

Replies can be posted or sent to me directly.  If anyone
expresses interest, I will gladly post any information that
I receive.

                                       -Richard L. Goerwitz
                                       goer at sophist.uchicago.edu
                                       rutgers!oddjob!gide!sophist!goer
                                                           Richard Goerwitz
                                                  goer at sophist.uchicago.edu
                                   ...!rutgers!oddjob!gargoyle!sophist!goer