NULL is not '\0'

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Tue Jan 31 00:27:51 AEST 1989

In article <9515 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:

| What do you mean, "there are so many"?  Tandy Xenix implementations
| are not C "standards" by any stretch of the imagination.

  I think in this case he was referring to K&R 1st ed and dpAns. I
pointed out to someone who posted a flame in response to a bug fix that
it is unwise to assume the type of NULL, and desirable to cast it except
when used for assignment to or comparison with a pointer.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)