Wanted - Auto function prototype generator

Jonathan Leech leech at zeta.cs.unc.edu
Wed Jan 25 06:22:31 AEST 1989

In article <943 at ubu.warwick.UUCP> geoff at emerald.UUCP (Geoff Rimmer) writes:
>The program should scan thru a set of C source files, checking each
>function definition.  If the function is extern, it should place a
>function prototype in the relevant header file (if it was in foo.c,
>put the proto in foo.h).  If the function is static, it should place a
>prototype at the top of that .c file.

    I hacked up BSD lint to generate prototypes, this was posted in
comp.sources.misc a few months ago (as 'proto'). A little work with
shell scripts and sed on top of this would do what you want. If
you don't have BSD lint sources available, this is no help.
--
    Jon Leech (leech at cs.unc.edu)    __@/
    "Enhanced 386... Runs Unit, Zenix, 0s/s & DOS..."