where can I get standards documents

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Fri Jan 20 13:29:54 AEST 1989

In article <3571 at ingr.com> crossgl at ingr.com (Gordon Cross) writes:
>My ragged copy of a copy of a copy of (well you get the idea) the proposed
>ANSI standard is dated Feb 1986 and I am sure quite out of date.  Where can
>I buy the latest and greatest version??

The answer right now appears to be "you can't".  It is going through the
mill at ANSI; sometime in the next few months, with luck, it will be
available from them at a slightly-exorbitant price.  Right now, the Oct
draft (which is likely to be at least an extremely close approximation
to the final standard, the only change I know of having been a fix for
a dreadful typo) is the latest, but I know of nobody who will sell you
a copy.  Global Engineering Documents has the May draft, which was the
last sent out for public comment.  There have been *many* wording changes,
some of them important enough that I wouldn't recommend the May draft.

> Also I would like to get the IEEE
>floating point standard as well...

Talk to the IEEE Computer Society's Publications Office, (714)821-8380.
You're after IEEE standard 754-1985.
--
Allegedly heard aboard Mir: "A |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
toast to comrade Van Allen!!"  | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu