where can I get standards documents

Brian Moffet brianm at sco.COM
Sat Jan 21 04:29:46 AEST 1989

In article <1989Jan20.032954.24388 at utzoo.uucp> henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
>In article <3571 at ingr.com> crossgl at ingr.com (Gordon Cross) writes:
>>My ragged copy of a copy of a copy of (well you get the idea) the proposed
>>ANSI standard is dated Feb 1986 and I am sure quite out of date.  Where can
>>I buy the latest and greatest version??
>
>The answer right now appears to be "you can't".  It is going through the
>mill at ANSI; sometime in the next few months, with luck, it will be
>available from them at a slightly-exorbitant price.

Do note however, that you can get K&R's new book which deals
pretty much with the standard for most general use
(the standard at the time the book was written).

However, for the compiler writers/testers, you would probably want to
wait until the real thing comes out.

brian moffet
--
Brian Moffet			{uunet,decvax!microsoft,ucscc}!sco!brianm
 -or-				...sco!alar!brian