Testing math library (libm) for new processor?

Walter Bright bright at Data-IO.COM
Thu Jun 29 06:30:11 AEST 1989

In article <2038 at hub.ucsb.edu> grosen at amadeus.ucsb.edu (Mark D. Grosen) writes:
<I am writing a math library (equivalent to libm.a on most UNiX systems) for
<a new processor.  (Functions like sin, cos, log, etc.)  I would appreciate
<any suggestions on how to test these routines.  Are there any test suites
<available, hopefully at a low cost?

The best one is:
	"Software Manual For The Elementary Functions"
	by Cody and Waite
That is based on a denser book by Hart and Cheney, I forgot the title.
University libraries usually have these books. Highly recommended.