C Programmer's Environment

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.ateng.com
Tue Jun 13 00:13:56 AEST 1989

According to evil at arcturus.UUCP (Wade Guthrie):
>After having programmed in C for a number of years, I have come across
>various useful components to a programmer's environment; however, I still
>wonder if other tidbits have passed me by.

Well, making the assumption that you're using Unix...

    RCS (Revision Control System)
     -or-
    SCCS (Source Code Control System)
    diff (esp. context diff)
    perl (for wholesale batch text editing, it's better than sed)
    tcsh or bash (love that filename completion...)

--
You may redistribute this article only to those who may freely do likewise.
Chip Salzenberg         |       <chip at ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>