C Programmer's Environment

Wade Guthrie evil at arcturus.UUCP
Fri Jun 9 09:43:29 AEST 1989

After having programmed in C for a number of years, I have come across
various useful components to a programmer's environment; however, I still
wonder if other tidbits have passed me by.  My question is this, what would
you, the programmer, consider part of the ideal C programming environment
(some of this, I realize, is useful for other than C programming, but
that is not of my concern :->)?  I would certainly include:
	- make
	- a symbolic debugger
	- error (on UNIX -- inserts comments which are error msgs.)
	- a C interpereter (which can call compiled sub-modules)
	- a C compiler (of-course)
	- vi
	- curses (no flames, please)

what else would you include (it doesn't have to exist) ?  I am anxiously
awaiting the response.

Wade Guthrie
evil at arcturus.UUCP
Rockwell International
Anaheim, CA

(Rockwell doesn't necessarily believe / stand by what I'm saying; how could
they when *I* don't even know what I'm talking about???)