1000 lines of C a week?

Greg Franks greg at sce.carleton.ca
Fri Jun 16 04:02:08 AEST 1989

In article <7800012 at gistdev> flint at gistdev.UUCP writes:
>...I have seen programmers
>with a "we need something like this routine in 10 places, but it has to
>be slightly different in each, so we'll copy it into all 10 places and modify
>one line" mentality that really crank code out.

At a former employer, we called the same sort of operation "case and
paste".  Eg.  "Well, this new feature is almost the same as all of the
others but does this thing a little differently.  No problem..."
wonder our embedded applications kept running out of memory. *sigh*

>...  Give me the guy who knows
>enough to add a parameter to the routine anyday.

I'll second that.

--
Greg Franks                  Systems and Computer Engineering,
utzoo!dciem!nrcaer!sce!greg  Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
       uunet!mitel!sce!greg          greg at sce.carleton.ca
from Ottawa Ont, where life in the fast lane is skating two inners!