1000 lines of C a week?

John Woods john at frog.UUCP
Sat Jun 24 09:46:00 AEST 1989

In article <7800012 at gistdev>, flint at gistdev.UUCP writes:
> More seriously, I was asked to come forward with some lines-of-code produced
> numbers for the people on my staff....The results (over a year) ranged from
> 70,000 lines of code to 2,000 lines of code.  (My staff varies widely
> in their duties: some people are doing maintenance, where they spend 2 days
> trying to figure out what is causing a bug, and then add 1 line to fix it,

Uh oh.  I'm in trouble now.  I spent one hour yesterday debugging something
that I fixed by removing one line of code.  Let's see, over a year, that
works out to a productivity figure of, uh, -2000 lines of code.  I better
take up beekeeping instead...

--
John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, (508) 626-1101
...!decvax!frog!john, john at frog.UUCP, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, jfw at eddie.mit.edu