Calling FORTRAN from C (Was: Need matrix inversion C routine).

zifrony at TAURUS.BITNET zifrony at TAURUS.BITNET
Fri Jun 16 03:47:46 AEST 1989

Most environments I know, which include DG AOS/VS, VMS and UNIX have compatible
compilers, meaning you can interleave objects originating from different
languages to create your load module.

Of course, when reading a FORTRAN routine from C, it is important to remember
that FORTRAN arguments are passed by reference, thus pointers have to be
passed.  In case of character type, I am not sure there is a simple C
equivalent, and maybe some sort of simulation through the use of "struct" is
necessary.

The loading of the FORTRAN library indeed poses a problem.  I don't know if it
is setteled in any system.

--
Doron Zifrony   E-mail:    BITNET:    zifrony at taurus.bitnet
Msc.  Student              INTERNET:  zifrony at Math.Tau.Ac.IL
Dept. of   CS              ARPA:      zifrony%taurus.bitnet at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Tel Aviv Univ.             UUCP:      ...!uunet!mcvax!humus!taurus!zifrony
Israel                     CSNET:     zifrony%taurus.bitnet%cunyvm.cuny.edu@
                                        csnet-relay
--
Disclaimer: I DON'T represent Tel Aviv University.  The opinions hereby
            expressed are solely my own.