MS QC _getimage()

Dave Astels 880716a at aucs.UUCP
Mon Jun 12 22:45:17 AEST 1989

In article <Jun.11.13.28.35.1989.24006 at topaz.rutgers.edu> jjoshua at topaz.rutgers.edu (Jon Joshua) writes:

>In MS QC 2.0, _getimage() and _putimage() are great ways of blasting
>data onto the screen.  I was wondering how the data is kept in memory.

The format is as follows:

1 word (2 bytes) specifies the width in pixels of the image
1 word specifies the height in pixels
the data follows, raster scan order.

I found _getimage() & _putimage() to be handy for manipulating parts of the
screen.  For instance, there is no way to write text to the screen with a
halftone ANDed with it (to create gray shaded text for unselectable menu
option).  Just write the text as usual, use _getimage() to grap it, AND the
data with the appropriate mask, and _putimage() it back.

Incidentally, the same data format is used with GetImage & PutImage in
Turbo Pascal (v 5.0 at least).

I've played with this quite a bit, so if you have any furthur questions,
just ask.

-Dave

880716a at Adadia
880716a at aucs.UUCP