MS QC _getimage()

Josh Krieger adverb at bucsb.UUCP
Tue Jun 13 00:37:37 AEST 1989

In article <Jun.11.13.28.35.1989.24006 at topaz.rutgers.edu> jjoshua at topaz.rutgers.edu (Jon Joshua) writes:

>In MS QC 2.0, _getimage() and _putimage() are great ways of blasting
>data onto the screen.  I was wondering how the data is kept in memory.
>I want to be able to create a screen in memory and the use _putimage()
>to display it.  It would seem that _putimage() was only meant to be
>used with data from _getimge().

The same functions exist in Turbo C (however, it is possible they may
not be handled the same way). Anyway, Turbo C stores the length and
width of the image in the first four bytes of memory containing the
image. It's stored  low byte, high byte, low byte, high byte. I'm not
quite sure whether the width or the length is specified first. You can
test if this is the case in Quick C by using getimage on an area of
specified size and seeing if the first four stored bytes coincide
with your request.

-- Josh Krieger