Wanted: Info on C standards

David H. Wolfskill david at dhw68k.cts.com
Sun Jun 4 04:56:16 AEST 1989

In article <10352 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>In article <438eb738.14a1f at gtephx.UUCP> covertr at gtephx.UUCP (Richard E. Covert) writes:
>>  I need info on the ANSI standard for 'C'. What is the offical
>>document called and where can I obtain it??

>There isn't yet an officially approved standard.  It should be called
>ANSI X3.159-1989 (assuming it is approved this year as expected).
>The "final draft" was prepared by X3J11 and mailed to its members and
>registered observers a few months ago; there is a chance you can obtain
>a copy from Global Engineering Documents (I don't have their phone
>number handy).

I thought I had one of their business cards, but....  However, the
'phone book indicates the telephone number is (714) 261-1455.  The
listed address is

	Global Engineering Documents
	2805 McGaw Ave.
	Irvine, CA  92715

Their catalog lists a variety of ANSI (and other) standards, so I
suspect that they intend to sell copies of the officially approved
version of the standard -- however, I hardly qualify as a spokesman for
them (or anyone else).  (If they *do* sell copies of the officially
approved version, I sincerely hope the quality of the copy is somewhat
better than that of the drafts....)

david
--
David H. Wolfskill