Dates & things in C

Jon W{tte d88-jwa at nada.kth.se
Sat Jun 3 18:56:56 AEST 1989

In article <1604 at optilink.UUCP> cramer at optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) writes:
>In article <1128 at draken.nada.kth.se>, d88-jwa at nada.kth.se (Jon W{tte) writes:
>>  __       Jon W{tte (The dread Smiley Shark) email:h+ at nada.kth.se

>Speaking of internationalization, what is the second character of
>your name?  All I get is a left bracket.

It IS a left bracket! Or, if you are running on a machine with
Swedish ASCII font translation, its an a with two dots over it,
pronounced a bit like the E in WET (you know, not dry...)

>    #ifdef AMERICA
>        sprintf(Buffer, "%s-%02d-%02d", MonthStr, Date, Year);
>    #else /* BENIGHTEDPARTSOFWORLD */
>        sprintf(Buffer, "%02d-%s-%02d", Date, MonthStr, Year);
>    #endif

Aheum... A good start, but a widely used date format is YY MM DD, that
is:
	sprintf(Buffer, "%02d.%02d.%02d", Year, Month, Date);

Of course, any Real Programmer :-) defines a macro GimmeDaDateIn(Buffer)
that is selectively defined in the define part... Like you do in the
above example.

>Clayton E. Cramer {pyramid,pixar,tekbspa}!optilink!cramer
>"He chose...poorly." -- Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade
>Disclaimer?  You must be kidding!  No company would hold opinions like mine!

Keep up the good work, Cramer!

 __       Jon W{tte (The dread Smiley Shark) email:h+ at nada.kth.se
/  \      (+46 (0) 8 258 268)
   /---   (c) 1989 Yessbox Allright Professional Products Inc. - Y.A.P.P.I.
  /       -- No More --