Moderated C group ? (was Re: Posting)

James C. Benz jcbst3 at unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu
Thu Jun 1 04:05:19 AEST 1989

In article <934 at maestro.htsa.aha.nl> fransvo at htsa.UUCP (Frans van Otten) writes:
>Yes, I think that's the best solution.  I would vote for this.  Or is
>there any good reason to keep comp.lang.c unmoderated ?

I vote for unmoderated.  As many of the readers of this group already know,
I often post *really* stupid questions, some of which I already know the
answer to, but just don't know I know.  In a moderated group, a question the
moderator thinks is stupid might not get through the filter, but the person
posting it (me) thinks it is mighty important, and may be sitting around
tearing their hair out looking for an answer.  If the group is only going to
be useful to those who post *really* good questions, a lot of the utility
of this group will be lost.

--
Jim Benz 		     jcbst3 at unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu     If a modem
University of Pittsburgh					 answers,