Btree library

Eli Marmor marmor at bimacs.BITNET
Fri May 26 04:59:17 AEST 1989

Hi Btree experts in the net. I need your collective expertise on the
following problem:
We have a complicated program (for PC) which uses Btrieve. We are porting it
to other OS's and machines, so we have to emulate Btrieve by
another database library source (in C), because the original one was written
in Assembly (8086).

I've heard about the following:
        D-isam  -  C-isam compatible source.
        C-tree  -  Another Btree source.
        db_vista -   "       "     ".
        B-Plus  -  A Public-Domain source.

Currently, I have only the 4th, so I can't check which of them is the most
appropriate for emulating Btrieve. I can't test performance, too.

I would like to get the net impression, on my problem.
If there are any benchmarks, I will be glad to hear about them.
The important criterions are:
        applicability
        which is optimised for this purpose
        performance
        portability (Dos, Unix)
If there is another software, I'll be happy to hear about it.

Please E-mail replies. I will summerize if interest arises. Thanks in
advance.  Eli.

    Eli Marmor.
    El-Mar.
    7 Lassale st., Kfar-Saba, Israel 44417
    Tel: (972-52) 929556

    BITNET: marmor at bimacs
    ARPA:   marmor%bimacs.bitnet at cunyvm.cuny.edu
    CSNET:  marmor%bimacs.bitnet%cunyvm.cuny.edu at csnet-relay
    UUCP:   uunet!mcvax!humus!bimacs!marmor