Bugs in PC compilers

Brad Brown bradb at ai.toronto.edu
Tue May 30 04:01:22 AEST 1989

In article <2530 at Portia.Stanford.EDU> armin at Portia.Stanford.EDU (Ronald Mayer) writes:

>   Over time I've come across a number of bugs in C compilers for
>the IBM PC. [1 in Microsoft C 3.0, a few in MicroSoft C 4.0, and a
>3 in Quick C 1.0, and 1 bug from Quick C that also causes problems
>in Microsoft C 5.1]
>
>   Do people in this news-group care, or would posting problems like
>this be unnecessary clutter wasting bandwidth here.

Personally I would like to see bug reports.  I don't mind wading through
those that don't apply to the compilers I don't use if I can run into some
for the compilers that I *do* care about.

Perhaps if everyone who writes a bug report would start the subject line
with "BUG REPORT:" and then the machine name, those who don't want to
read them could add "BUG REPORT" to their kill files...

					(-:  Brad Brown  :-)
					bradb at ai.utoronto.ca