Bugs in PC compilers

Dave Mooney dmmooney at lion.waterloo.edu
Tue May 30 10:54:13 AEST 1989

In article <89May29.140126edt.10987 at ephemeral.ai.toronto.edu> bradb at ai.toronto.edu (Brad Brown) writes:
>In article <2530 at Portia.Stanford.EDU> armin at Portia.Stanford.EDU (Ronald Mayer) writes:
>>   Do people in this news-group care, [about bug reports]
>>or would posting problems like
>>this be unnecessary clutter wasting bandwidth here.
>
>Perhaps if everyone who writes a bug report would start the subject line
>with "BUG REPORT:" and then the machine name, those who don't want to
>read them could add "BUG REPORT" to their kill files...

Good idea.  There's no reason for me to scratch my head puzzling over a piece
code which doesn't work when it's the compiler's fault.
I have enough trouble tracking down MY bugs without having to deal with
Borland/Microsoft/Symantec's bugs as well.  Especially if someone else out
in net-land has already figured out the problem.

daveq
--- Disclaimer ---
This is the University that still censors rec.humor.funny.  Why would they agree
with anything that I say?