Explanation of "Case-sensitive"

Buddy Harris gharris at secola.Columbia.NCR.COM
Mon May 1 23:40:17 AEST 1989

In article <30009 at sri-unix.SRI.COM> trent at unix.sri.com (Ray Trent) writes:
>In the above article, jskuskin at eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Jeffrey Kuskin) writes:

>>In Pascal (a case-insensitive language by my definition), "myVar := 2"
>>is the same as "mYvAR := 2"
>
>One way
>of preventing idiots from using both "mYvAR" and "MyVar" in the same
>program is to make the language case sensitive.

But shouldn't someone who is making the case for case-sensitivity double-check
the cases that they are writing in.  This shows how easy it is to accidentally
mess up a case that could take days to find depending upon your compiler.  And
if you want types, variable, pointers, functions, etc. to have similiar names,
try a convention like tname, vname, pname, fname, etcname.  I will live with
the C (or is it c) case-sensitivity, but I don't have to like it.