PDP-11 data and function address spaces (was External ptrs and arrays)

Rich Neitzel thor at stout.ucar.edu
Sat Nov 11 01:10:47 AEST 1989

In article <1989Nov9.200332.8763 at utzoo.uucp> henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
>Dept. Of Really Fussy Nit-Picking:  relatively few pdp11s, and relatively
>few pdp11 operating systems, supported split-space -- Unix on the 44/45/70
>was just about the sole example

Alas, you have forgotten the 11/73 and 11/83. Also, RSX-11M+ uses I&D space
extensively, even for the kernel. BTW, why do UNIX people seem so unfamiliar
with DEC's Q-bus PDP's? Also, I note the extensive use of the past tense is
talking about them - but they are alive and kicking (usually the butt of
some overrated VAX).