Codeview of Microsoft C

Kaleb Keithley kaleb at mars.jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 21 03:50:14 AEST 1989

In article <8911182219.AA29355 at spencer.cs.uoregon.edu> liang at CS.UOREGON.EDU writes:
>  When I use CODEVIEW to debug my C program, I got a message "No symbolic
>information". This program was compiled by Microsoft C command MSC.
>I guess there must be some parameters I have to put on the compiler command
>MSC. Anyone there know this trick, please drop me a e-mail.

I'll try to say this without starting a flame fest.
1) RTFM, this presumes you have the manuals that came with MSC.  You did buy
it, didn't you?
2) Try "cl -help", it gives a complete summary of compile options.
3) Try "cl -Zi", this compiles for Codeview.

Benson, you are so mercifully devoid of the ravages of intelligence.

kaleb at mars.jpl.nasa.gov             (818)354-8771
Kaleb Keithley