Codeview of Microsoft C

David T. Sandberg dts at quad.uucp
Mon Nov 20 20:27:14 AEST 1989

In article <8911182219.AA29355 at spencer.cs.uoregon.edu> liang at CS.UOREGON.EDU writes:
:
:  When I use CODEVIEW to debug my C program, I got a message "No symbolic
:
:information". This program was compiled by Microsoft C command MSC.
:
:I guess there must be some parameters I have to put on the compiler command
:
:MSC. Anyone there know this trick, please drop me a e-mail.

Hmm.  The MSC switches and such things needed to get the full use
of Codeview are well documented in the very first few pages of the
Codeview manual.  As a result, I can't help but be suspicious of
how this person came by his copy of the software in question, and
would strongly suggest that people refrain from giving him the
answer straight out.  If he actually has a legitimate copy, then
RTFFPoTFM (Read The First Few Pages of The Fripping Manual) should
be sufficient advice, and I apologize for my misgivings.

If my suspicions are correct, however... for shame!

Sorry for wasting so much bandwidth on something which really
doesn't belong in this group anyway.  Followups to, oh, I dunno,
maybe comp.sys.ibm.pc - everything else seems to end up there.

--
David Sandberg             dts at quad.uucp or ..uunet!rosevax!sialis!quad!dts