Doctor C's Pointers

Superuser root at wotk.UUCP
Thu Aug 2 07:46:28 AEST 1990

I was reading the August issue of The C Users Journal and came across
this in Rex Jaeschke's article -

(  The ability to subscript a pointer gives rise to the identity )
(                                                                )
(            a[i] is equivalent to *(a + i)                      )
(                                                                )
(  It also allows expressions such as                            )
(            "abcd"[i] and f()[j]                                )

                           ^^^^^

I thought this was taboo. What's the story on this?

Nick Hennenfent				Voice  404 475-2725
Computone Products			FAX    404 343-9735
1100 Northmeadow Parkway		Usenet ...!uunet!wotk!nickh
Suite 150
Roswell, GA 30076