Help with C between 68000 & 80286

Lehtinen Pertti pl at etana.tut.fi
Mon Aug 6 17:00:12 AEST 1990

>From article <Aug.5.14.43.00.1990.26343 at pilot.njin.net>, by lodzins at pilot.njin.net (Dean Lodzinski):
>
> It appears I have successfully made functions to convert int and long
> int to the correct format and the numbers are correct.  I am still
> having problems with other types.

	In addition to byte order, also alignment can cause problems.

	For example

	struct x {
		int i;
		char x;
		int z;
	};

	is possible to allocate:

	long, byte, dymmy-byte, long	( 68000 32-bit compiler )
	word, byte, dummy-byte, word	( 68000 16-bit compiler )
	word, byte, word		( 80286 16-bit compiler )

--
pl at tut.fi				! All opinions expressed above are
Pertti Lehtinen				! purely offending and in subject