Help with C between 68000 & 80286

Dean Lodzinski lodzins at pilot.njin.net
Mon Aug 6 04:43:01 AEST 1990

I am pretty new to the C language and need some help with converting
chars, int, long int, etc.  I have numerous datafiles that were
created using Mark Williams C on a 68000 machine.  I am trying to read
in the data files using Power C 2.0 or Quick C 2.5 on my AT.  Since
Intel reads the bytes differently, I can't directly use the data.
It appears I have successfully made functions to convert int and long
int to the correct format and the numbers are correct.  I am still
having problems with other types.  If anyone can point me in the right
direction or give me any information, I would appreciate it.  If I
didn't explain this clearly enough, I am sorry, but it is confusing to
me.  Thanks.

Dean Lodzinski         DEAN_L at TURBO.Kean.edu, lodzins at pilot.njin.net
47 Mercury Circle      csra19 at TURBO.Kean.edu or D.LODZINSKI on GEnie
South Amboy, NJ  08879 Dean Lodzinski on Hologram Inc., FNET Node 133,
USA                    at 201/727-1914 (1200/2400/9600)