Info request for Power C compiler

Marc D. Perry mdperry at boulder.colorado.edu
Wed Aug 1 02:52:38 AEST 1990

I recently received a package of postcards from BYTE magazine; each
card contains advertising info on a specific product and one of these
sounds too good to be true.  For 19.95 MIX software will send you the
Power C compliler with features like: make, linker, libraries (10
bucks more), 600 page manual, ANSI std., IEEE floating point,
automatic register variables, supports all graphics.  They also show a
small chart comparing Power C with Microsoft C and Borland's Turbo C,
needless to say Power C is comparable or faster in every category.  I
have never bought a compiler before but am considering this one.  I
would be interested in learning if anyone else has used this program,
particularly if you have also used a higher priced compiler and can
compare the two.  Obviously for 20 bucks you don't get a friendly
environment with a built in editor and lots of toggling back and
forth to test things and debug them etc.  But do I really need those
things if I am not a developer?

Thanks,
mdp

Marc D. Perry                               (303) 492 8258
MCD Biology, Univ. of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309-0347
internet: mdperry at boulder.colorado.edu

Marc D. Perry                               (303) 492 8258
MCD Biology, Univ. of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309-0347
internet: mdperry at boulder.colorado.edu