PC advice sought (Zeos?)

The Anti-Twin klakeman at plains.UUCP
Sun Feb 25 09:27:21 AEST 1990

In article <52617 at bbn.COM> jgregg at BBN.COM (John R. Gregg) writes:

>*       Mail order computers.  I don't feel warm and fuzzy about being
>	waranteed by people thousands of miles away.  Does it work out
>	OK usually?
>
>*       Zeos.  Their pure, non-SX 386 system has been well reviewed. Any
>	comments on their support organization or overall quality?

I have been to Zeos International's office, and even talked to the President.
I kinda hung around the office on a couple of occasions and watched how they
operate.  I was very impressed now quickly they responded to service calls.
When someone called about a problem with their system they usually used
next-day air to get a replacement part to the customer.  They didn't
require them to send the faulty part in before they would ship the new one.

I am buying their 386SX within a few weeks.  I was told by a friend who
previously worked for Zeos, and presently works for Northgate that the Zeos
386SX will out perform the Northgate 20Mhz 386.