Adaptive perfect hashing

Doug Schmidt schmidt at crimee.ics.uci.edu
Mon Feb 19 12:17:35 AEST 1990

In article <1990Feb18.233444.7345 at agate.berkeley.edu>, laba-3ec at web-3g (Adrian J Ho) writes:
>PS. I heard rumors that the paper alluded to in the gperf docs
>("Implementation Details of GNU gperf", v2.0) that describes "the high-level
>description of the data structures and algorithms used to implement gperf"
>has been released.  Can anyone confirm this, and if so, how can I go about
>getting a copy?

Sure, you can get a quasi-legible copy via anonymous ftp from
ics.uci.edu (128.195.1.1), in a file called gperf.tex.  It is
quasi-legible since you'll need to run it through LaTeX and a I didn't
include the bibtex file nor one of the special figures (it seems to
break everyone's dvi driver anyway).  However, the main algorithm is
described in detail.

The final copy of this paper will be published in the upcoming USENIX
C++ Conference Workshop proceedings, available after the middle of
April, I'd guess.

If anyone has any comments or suggests about the paper please let me
know, there's still time to make revisions!

Doug
--
A monk asked Kegon, ``How does an enlightened      | schmidt at ics.uci.edu (ARPA)
one return to the ordinary world?'' Kegon replied, | office: (714) 856-4043