getting a key from stdin in UNIX

John Woods john at frog.UUCP
Fri Feb 9 18:13:00 AEST 1990

In article <M:L163Fxds13 at ficc.uu.net>, peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
> In article <22352 at mimsy.umd.edu> chris at mimsy.umd.edu (Chris Torek) writes:
> > >Try using curses ....
> > Oddly enough, curses does not exist on Univac 1100 systems running EXEC-8
> I think it's quite appropriate, since curses is likely to be available to
> the majority of C programmers reading this list.

And most interestingly, the Berkeley curses implementation is available
under the new Berkeley Copyright (i.e., use it, enjoy it, thank us if you
sell it), so if EXEC-8 CAN support curses, there is no excuse for it
not to have it.
--
John Woods, Charles River Data Systems, Framingham MA, (508) 626-1101
...!decvax!frog!john, john at frog.UUCP, ...!mit-eddie!jfw, jfw at eddie.mit.edu