getting a key from stdin in UNIX

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Mon Feb 12 02:18:02 AEST 1990

In article <11961 at frog.UUCP> john at frog.UUCP (John Woods) writes:
> And most interestingly, the Berkeley curses implementation is available
> under the new Berkeley Copyright (i.e., use it, enjoy it, thank us if you
> sell it), so if EXEC-8 CAN support curses, there is no excuse for it
> not to have it.

I don't think it can.

I would like to note, however, that at Ferranti we *are* one of those sites
that runs Exec-1100 on the Unisys 1100 (AKA Exec-8 on the Univac). If anyone
was going to get hot under the collar about a message being inappropriate to
comp.lang.c because it suggested curses to get a single keystroke it should
be us...

(yeh, we even run TCP/IP on the beasts)
--
 _--_|\  Peter da Silva. +1 713 274 5180. <peter at ficc.uu.net>.