Looking for source for obtaining latest draft standard

Walter Murray walter at hpclwjm.HP.COM
Wed Feb 21 03:49:47 AEST 1990

Rex Jaeschke writes:

>> Can anyone tell me where I can get the latest copy of the ANSI C committee's
>> draft standard?

> [Gives address and phone for ANSI]

> Note: they said that you will NOT be able to get copies of the final
> standard from Global Engineering Documents (where drafts were
> available), ONLY from ANSI.

For those who want something NOW, Global is again selling copies of the
latest draft.  (They had suspended sales of the draft, but have resumed
as of last week, presumably because the standard is not yet available.)

And despite what ANSI may tell you, Global IS accepting orders for
the standard as well.

As one who has called both Global and ANSI several times, I offer
the personal impression that the people at Global seem much more
helpful and "with it" than those at ANSI.

Walter Murray