Help in Writing Turbo C TSR Needed

Vitus Lee vlee at eric.mpr.ca
Fri Feb 9 09:05:12 AEST 1990

I have a need to write a TSR using Turbo C 2.0 which on a specific hot key
sequence, will take over the machine.  On exit, it returns the machines to
normal operations.

I know that I have to intercept the keyboard interrupt using getvect and
setvect.  And I also have to use keep to terminate and stay resident.
However, how do I parse the keyboard entry to determine if the correct hot
key sequence was entered.  The TSR must pass all non hot key sequences to
DOS for normal machine operations.  Only hot key sequence will be gobbled
up.  How do I do this?  How do I chain the interrupts?

I will much appreciate if anyone can offer any help or maybe offer any
skeleton program in C.  Many thanks in advance.

Vitus