Help in Writing Turbo C TSR Needed

Woodrow Baker woody at rpp386.cactus.org
Sun Feb 11 16:44:44 AEST 1990

In article <2058 at eric.mpr.ca>, vlee at eric.mpr.ca (Vitus Lee) writes:

> However, how do I parse the keyboard entry to determine if the correct hot
> key sequence was entered.  The TSR must pass all non hot key sequences to
> DOS for normal machine operations.  Only hot key sequence will be gobbled
> up.  How do I do this?  How do I chain the interrupts?
>
> I will much appreciate if anyone can offer any help or maybe offer any
> skeleton program in C.  Many thanks in advance.
>

> Vitus

I have some code that does this sort of thing.  It was written by a co-worker
of mine.  It is a memory resident utility, that is smart enough to find any
copies of itself, and handles the chaining of several interrupts nicely.
Basically, it is written in assembly, and starts a process by stuffing
characters into the keyboard buffer, at a set time.  invoking it after
it is in memory, and passing a switch to it, causes it to travers the
interrupt chain, and change times, and /or change the keystroke buffer.
Give me a jingle

Woody Baker
512-837-8317 7:00-4:15 m-f CTS. Austin, Tx.  I am usualy on the net from
6:30 or so until 7:30...

Cheers
Woody