Zortech problems

Daniel Ciarlette cs551djc at iitmax.IIT.EDU
Thu Feb 22 14:30:51 AEST 1990

In article <48c74cd1.20b6d at apollo.HP.COM> nelson_p at apollo.HP.COM (Peter Nelson) writes:
> Walter Bright posts...
>:DOS programming, graphics programming, and C++ programming are all
>:complex subjects. All the 'problems' you're having appear to be caused

We must not forget that by Walter Bright replying to this message that it
implies that he actually READS the stuff we post.  I wish people at
Microsoft and Borland could give me personal service by the people that
actually write their stuff.  Also, Zortech does nothing to hide their bugs.
It's nearly impossible to get information about bugs in other compilers.
In my 2.06 upgrade I believe there was a list of bugs (and C++ v2.0 features)
that was listed to help me out.  I've never really had a problem with
Zortech's v2.0 C++ product.  But, I did find a deficiency and I posted it
to the Byte Information Exchange (BIX) on their conference.  I send it to
Walter and he responded to me.  I call that personal service.  Everyone
keeps saying that Zortech is in for problems when Borland & Microsoft
(let's not forget TopSpeed) come out with C++.  Well, I agree their support
is not the best.  It's better than a year ago.  Also, let's wait and see
how Microsoft, Borland and TopSpeed do.  C++ isn't as easy to implement as
C.

Saying the others will stomp on Zortech when they come out is like saying
Chevy's new secret line will beat out Ford's existing line of trucks.  It
may, but then why aren't they out?  Please, I am not saying Zortech's the
answer to everything.  I agree they have problems I just thought that the
word of a satisfied customer should be heard.

Dan Ciarlette