Zortech problems

Stephen B Coy coy at ssc-vax.UUCP
Fri Feb 23 07:25:55 AEST 1990

In article <48c74cd1.20b6d at apollo.HP.COM>, nelson_p at apollo.HP.COM (Peter Nelson) writes:
>  Latest stumper:  My new VGA card supports 640X480 X 256 colors.  I
>  called yesterday to ask them how I can write code to use more than
>  16 colors.  They said they would "get back to me".    Stay tuned.
>
>                                                  ---Peter

Why should Zortech know anything about programming your vga card?
640x480x256 is a non-standard vga mode.  You'd be much better off
calling the board manufacturer or posting a request for code to
comp.sys.ibm.pc.  Your complaints about Zortech's support may be
justified but most of your problems would have been solved by
reading the manual.  Pour yourself a homebrew, find a fireplace,
curl up any read the manual.  Most of all, relax.  We'll all be
happier.

Stephen Coy
uw-beaver!ssc-vax!coy