getting a key from stdin in UNIX

Clarence Dold dold at mitisft.Convergent.COM
Mon Feb 12 15:08:05 AEST 1990

in article <1990Feb11.052731.318 at twwells.com>, bill at twwells.com (T. William Wells) says:
	regarding 'lint' verses compiler warning levels:
> I use them both. The cost of running a "finished" program through
> every checker you have before releasing it is generally negligable
> compared to the cost of the errors that would otherwise appear.

I also run source through 'cb' or one of the pretty-print programs.
I've encountered bugs where I wasn't looking by noticing that the indentation
appeared goofy.  My idea of 'else' doesn't always match the compilers'.

--
---
Clarence A Dold - dold at tsmiti.Convergent.COM            (408) 435-5293