Zortech problems

Forrest Gehrke,2C-119,7239,ATTBL feg at clyde.ATT.COM
Tue Feb 27 00:32:17 AEST 1990

In article <48cc3c8b.20b6d at apollo.HP.COM>, nelson_p at apollo.HP.COM (Peter Nelson) writes:
>  I was quite nonplussed by some email I received from Walter Bright
>  on his BBS in Washington State in which he said that my criticism
>  of Zortech in a "public" and "insulting" manner was "not appreciated".
>  And that I should restrict my "public comments to polite requests
>  for help".

This was good advice from Walter.  It was private to you.  Why tell us
about it?

>  perfectly legal C code or generate buggy results.  The Zortech product has been
>  very well behaved.  Most of my complaints about it from a technical view-
>  point are related to features it doesn't support such as a "huge"
>  memory model or 256 colors in 640X480 VGA.   For most people these
>  would be minor or philosophical issues.

Your memory is a little short.  Your original and loudest complaints
were the result of failing to RTFM!  Walter brought that failing
to your attention.  Now you are covering with minor squawks.  Tell
me what compiler doesn't have them, even after a half dozen
releases, e.g. MSC V5.1?

Forrest Gehrke feg at clyde.ATT.COM