RE Zortech problems

Bob Stout Bob.Stout at p6.f506.n106.z1.fidonet.org
Tue Feb 27 01:46:56 AEST 1990

In an article of <23 Feb 90 22:05:24 GMT>,  (Gary Sarff) writes:

 >> I was quite nonplussed by some email I received from Walter Bright
 >> on his BBS in Washington State in which he said that my criticism
 >> of Zortech in a "public" and "insulting" manner was "not appreciated".
 >>

 >It sounds like this person has a problem, (maybe the whole company has a
 >problem.)

  The problem is largely that, of a half-dozen flames by this person, there
was only one *real* problem which was due to his use of a non-standard video
display adapter. Of the remainder, one problem (ZTC's non-support of the huge
memory model) represented a valid difference of opinion between the compiler's
author and the remainder were simply that the poster was obviously too busy
griping and whining to take the trouble to read the manual (or perhaps too dim
to comprehend it)! Zortech produces an excellent ANSI C and C++ 2.00 compiler
system. What this individual obviously wanted was neither, but some non-
existant bastardized native-code compiler hybrid of MSC 5.1 and Cfront with
all the non-standard language extensions he was used to. Well, life's a bitch
sometimes...

  These being the facts, for the life of me I can't imagine why Walter didn't
"appreciate" the seemingly endless barrage of verbal diarrhea.