open this package and you're stuck with it

Mike Tighe mjt at nagshead.ncsc.org
Thu Feb 22 06:54:59 AEST 1990

In article <777 at lectroid.sw.stratus.com> jmann at bigbootay.sw.stratus.com (Jim Mann) writes:
>The problem with returning software you don't like is that there is a very
>fuzzy line between "doesn't work" and "doesn't work as cleanly/elegantly
>as I would like it to."  If you buy an editor, let's say, and it's quite
>kludgy: it uses idiotic key sequences, non-standard menus, and so forth.
>You can't stand using it.  Yet it does all this with no "bugs."  Should you
>be able to return it for a refund?

Yes.

>If you answer yes to the above, does this mean that you should be able to
>return any book that you buy but don't like?

Yes. At either Waldenbooks or B. Dalton, I can return any book for any
reason within 30 days of purchase, no questions asked.

Also, I have been to many a restaurant that will not charge me if I am not
pleased with the food or service (and I don't have to give the food back
:-))

This is good business sense. Because of liberal policies like these, I
frequent these shops often. I avoid other places that have policies such as
"all sales final".
--
---
Michael Tighe, mjt at ncsc.org