Bug in DEC's C compiler(s)

Kurt Hoyt hoyt at bessie.alf.dec.com
Thu Jan 4 06:03:52 AEST 1990

In article <6-HQ+=@rpi.edu> kyriazis at herodotus.rdrc.rpi.edu.UUCP (George Kyriazis) writes:
>Last year I had the same problem with a uVAX II C compiler and I
>think it is a bug.  The program compiled fine on suns.  I got
>
>I wonder what DEC people have to say about that though..

Speaking unofficially...

It's not a bug. The current pcc-based compilers on Ultrix are K&R1, not K&R2.
I don't know when this will change. The VAX C for Ultrix compiler is ANSI-like
and will accept pointers to void (for those of you who don't mind using vcc).
I'm not privy to what the Ultrix compiler folks are up to, so I don't know
the when and/or ifs on ANSIfication.

Kurt Hoyt
Digital Equipment Corporation
hoyt at decatl.alf.dec.com
"Daddy, you not people, you a GUY! Mommy a girl." -- Faith Hoyt