How do you name table/structure elements?

Scott Amspoker scott at bbxsda.UUCP
Thu Jan 18 03:14:43 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jan16.170217.16718 at aqdata.uucp> sullivan at aqdata.uucp (Michael T. Sullivan) writes:
>I would like to get some feedback as to how and why you name your
>database table rows or C structure elements.  As far as I can tell,
>there are two camps:  the "plain descriptive" and the "table/structure
>descriptive".
>[example deleted]

I've seen a lot of older code that used "table/structure descriptive" field
names.  This is probably because old C compilers did not keep seperate
name spaces for field names.  Therefore, if you had a field called "len"
that appeared in several different structures you would probably have
to make it unique somehow.  Today's compilers are a little smarter
and a I prefer to let the structure variable (or pointer) itself act
as the "qualifier".

--
Scott Amspoker
Basis International, Albuquerque, NM