C Community's Cavalier Attitude On Software Reliability

Tim Kuehn timk at xenitec.on.ca
Tue Mar 6 00:44:33 AEST 1990

In article <19955 at dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU>
	rrr at eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Robin R. Reynolds) writes:
>The Quixotan attacks by Bill Wolfe have not affected my attitudes on C or
>Ada.  They do, however, suggest to me that the net is faced with a religious
>fanatic of some sort.
>
>Dogmatism gets no one anywhere.
>
>Prognosis: Not Good.
>Recommended Treatment: Ignore this guy.  He basks in your attention.

His activities last summer on misc.jobs.misc, making noxious posts about the
requirement for a BSCS to do any kind of programming and the absolute
requirement to know all the latest research to even write such mundane
things as accounting pkgs and the like seem to've spread to the area of
languange bashing and dogmatic diatribes on the absolute superiority of Ada
over all comers.

Has this guy no shame? (Maybe it's time I pulled out my flamethrower of
sarcasm and let him have another blast - the first one didn't seem to take
too well...)

|Timothy D. Kuehn	       			       timk at xenitec.on.ca     |
|TDK Consulting Services			       !watmath!xenitec!timk  |
|871 Victoria St. North, Suite 217A					      |
|Kitchener, Ontario, Canada N2B 3S4 		       (519)-741-3623 	      |
|DOS/Xenix - SW/HW. uC, uP, DBMS. 		       Quality SW Guaranteed  |