C Community's Cavalier Attitude On Software Reliability

Wayne Wood woody at eos.UUCP
Wed Mar 7 17:52:39 AEST 1990

In article <1990Mar5.144433.4293 at xenitec.on.ca> timk at xenitec.UUCP (Tim Kuehn) writes:

>His activities last summer on misc.jobs.misc, making noxious posts about the
>requirement for a BSCS to do any kind of programming and the absolute
>requirement to know all the latest research to even write such mundane
>things as accounting pkgs and the like seem to've spread to the area of
>languange bashing and dogmatic diatribes on the absolute superiority of Ada
>over all comers.
>
>Has this guy no shame? (Maybe it's time I pulled out my flamethrower of
>sarcasm and let him have another blast - the first one didn't seem to take
>too well...)

yeah tim... i remember this dickheads postings from then...  let me save
you some time and effort...

[FLAME ON]

listen shithead... if you don't like the way the fucking package is written,

since you are obviously the greatest thing to hit programming since Knuth,

gtake the language of your choice and rewrite the goddamn thing.

when you have done this, AND NOT UNTIL, come back and tell us how you

cured the bugs.  then we might be impressed.

[FLAME OFF]

*** ...tongue tied and twisted, just an earth bound misfit, I...            ***
*** -- David Gilmour, Pink Floyd                                            ***
****** woody at eos.arc.nasa.gov *** my opinions, like my mind, are my own ******/